Thursday, May 15, 2008

a local secret

Awhile ago, a friend had told me about a local secret here in Chicago where you can go down to any Chicago public library and check out a museum pass for free admission to some of the city's museums. I decided to test this out at the main downtown library...







It worked! I checked out a free museum pass to the Museum of Contemporary Art...



Here's the view from inside the museum looking out to Lake Michigan...


No photographs allowed inside the gallery, which is fine since I understand nothing about modern art anyway, but they had some cool looking stairs...




Afterwards, I decided to walk the couple blocks to my school to do some work. Here is the infamous Water Tower - one of the only buildings to survive the Chicago fire of 1871.



A beautiful church right on the busy Michigan Ave...





Right across from the church is the Hancock Tower, with the Hancock Observatory on the top that oversees the lake....



Gotta love this city!

No comments: