Saturday, September 15, 2012

Milestone

September marks my one year at my job. I thought I'd note this personally huge milestone with a few reflections on my year...



1.  There is no such thing as balance. Inherently, time at work is in direct conflict with time with Noah. Not a day goes by where I felt I've done enough of either. But a wise lady once said to me, "it's not about trying to achieve balance, but recognizing there are seasons of life."

2.  Kids keep it real. Like many jobs, I work in an industry that rewards long hours and expects total commitment. It's not 9 to 5, it's almost a lifestyle.  Having Noah does not allow me to think like that and his presence always keeps me in check to dial it back.

3.  I have amazing family.  Having a nosy and interfering family has its perks when they treat your son as their own.  And while Terah and I have had our fair share of heated arguments, he has been my number one fan. He may often think I'm nuts, but he goes out of his way to keep us going.

4.  Moms are moms, no matter how they spend their day.  After a year at home with Noah and a year at my job, the moms I've gotten to know in both settings love their children fiercely and are just trying their hardest to be the best parents they know how.

It has been tough and impossible at times, but we've survived!

And also this is what happens when you leave your work on the coffee table...


1 comment:

priscilla said...

nice reflections. and LOVE noah's scribbles on your work! can't wait to see you all in just a few days :)