Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Thoughts on potty training

We took the plunge on potty training back in December. A few things I've learned...



1. Six underwear is not enough. What was I thinking? It lasted us one morning. We now have 24.

2. Low expectations. At two and half, Noah was showing absolutely no signs of potty-training readiness. Having lazy parents didn't help. But you'd be surprised what sitting in wet underwear will motivate a child to do.

3. Favorite couch? It will get peed on.

4. Be suspicious. When he suddenly announces to you "I DON'T need to go potty," as he's sitting on your bed, he obviously has already gone.

5. Proud mama. It is quite amazing to watch their brain work from "I peed," to "I'm peeing," to "I need to pee."

6. And just when you think you're done. They pee in their pants and poop in their bed.

The end.

No comments: