Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Four and more

Our firstborn turns 4 today! Noah's threes were marked by what felt like more energy, more drama, more talking, more demands, and more parenting challenges. But my favorite "more" was to see his imagination blossom. He spends about half his life pretending he is some kind of vehicle.  I love witnessing the innocence that still lingers at this age, expressed in his emotions and make-believe play. Plus, we love his big deep belly laughs.

He has, and continues to tackle life with vigor, literally never taking no for an answer. We have come to understand his intensity comes from a place of caring deeply. On Sunday, he came home from the park with dad and excitedly pulled from his shirt pocket a "treasure" he had found and wanted to give to me. It was a clear plastic pebble. I told him I would indeed treasure it.

Happy birthday big boy!

No comments: