Sunday, July 20, 2014

Organization

Organization is not one of my strengths, but I am always aspiring towards a more clutter-free life. In all my failed attempts, three things have actually stuck in creating some order to our busy home...

Desk Tray

For the sake of our marriage, Terah and I have always maintained separate desks. His is in the living room and has become our dumping ground for mail, random papers, receipts and so on.  The tray allows him to pile everything he has not had time to go through yet while keeping some of the clutter contained.


Art Filing Box 


Young children bring home A LOT of artwork. I recycle most of it but keep a few of my favorites in a filing box, one folder for each year. 

 Electronics Home Station (my favorite!)


Despite my general dislike of most gadgets, we have somehow accumulated laptops, iphones, ipad, kindle and many more.  Except when we need to check work email or are taking photos, we try (not always successfully) to put our phones down when we are off the clock with family.  We invested in this docking station to keep all our chargers in one place and to help create some distance from our devices at night. 



Now if only I can figure out how to stop finding toy trains in every crevice imaginable...

1 comment:

grace said...

Hey the docking station is so cool! Maybe I'll get one..