Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Happy birthday to Sam

Although he has been acting like a three-nager for quite some time now, Sammy boy is turning 3 today!



When I look at Sam and see how quickly he is growing, I get heart pangs that our baby years are now done forever. It makes me hold on to those final fleeting moments of his babyhood - the way he rubs his eyes when he is tired, how he still asks to be picked up when he is upset or scared, and when he looks up at me with big eyes as I buckle him into his car seat.

We call him the Hustler because he can out-hustle his brothers when he wants something. Sam lives life with absolutely no sense of responsibility, allowing him all the freedom to just grow in personality. He loves eating, Lightning McQueen, and his brothers. He is emotional, socially astute, tough, and exuberant about enjoying life.


He makes us laugh every day, and our family is made whole with him. We love you Sammy!







No comments: