Monday, July 20, 2009

Time For Some Updates!!! (last days in Chicago)

Hello ChanFam fans. Michelle and I have been quite busy over the past few months and we neglected to keep this blog up-to-date. For that, we apologize. However, we do not apologize for all the fun/adventures/moves/life changes/etc. that we have made that caused us not to blog. :-)

Anyways, since there has been so much going on, I'll split up all the updates into several smaller posts to avoid one huge one.

Michelle finished with her 2nd year of law school towards the end of May, while I still had about another month before my school year ended and graduation. In that in-between time that Michelle took off for her summer internship at a law firm, I still had some time to squeeze in some fun with my b-school friends before it was all over. OK, you got me. I admit, it was ALL fun time. Studying? What was that?

One of the highlights was that me and a couple of friends were able to do a kayak trip along the Chicago river that runs between the city of Chicago. It was really amazing to see the city from this perspective and it truly made me appreciate Chicago even more. If you are ever in Chicago and get a chance to kayak down the river on a nice day, I would highly recommend it! Here are some photo highlights from the journey:

The two other guys who went with me: Ravi and Dan (can you guess who's who?)

Finally on the river

Chicago Tribune building -- this door was built for boats to load paper off the river, but it wasn't built correctly so it was never used!

One of the many bridges in Chicago:

Some more shots from the trip:



I also got a chance to visit the Indiana Dunes region where we did a hike and then ended the day at the Three Floyd's brewery (mmmm). Notice the interesting juxtaposition of the smoke stack and nature:

No comments: