Monday, October 1, 2012

Our loss

It has taken me awhile to find the words, but in late April, I had a miscarriage.  Oh how much I would have given to have kept that littlest of life. It does something to you to lose a child, even one you knew of so briefly.

This blog is the only semblance of a family record we have, and our second baby will be a part of our family always. I am humbled by the truest of friends who cried with me and family who took care of us.



The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.

He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord
for the display of his splendor.

Isaiah 61:1-3


































I love you and a part of me will always long to meet you.

1 comment:

jojo gadget said...

how courageous of you to share this. my heart goes out to you. its crazy to think how much i love my baby now that i haven't even met yet.

that verse is beautiful too. thank you.