Thursday, December 20, 2007

In the land of fruit and honey

We're now both done with finals and have officially started our christmas break. woohoo! It's been a great week recuperating in california.

We went to a crazy church quilt auction where all these women, including my mom, were bidding on quilts and then sending their husbands to stand guard (literally) by the quilts they had bid for. Quite an experience. My mother came home victorious...



There are three girls in my family, none of whom are particularly interested in video games. And yet we have owned pretty much every major gaming system out there... the first nintendo, N64, Xbox, all from my dad in the name of giving them to "us"..... that is if you consider "us" as in for HIM. So without fail, as an early christmas present, my dad has once again gotten the Wii for my sisters. But we're loving it!




As those of you who have visited my home know, you don't have to stick around for long before bowls of fruit start magically appearing in front of you. One of my favorite fruits when I come home is the Pummello. Ever heard of it? Terah calls it the mutant grapefruit - it's the size of a small cantaloupe and much sweeter than a grapefruit...



My mother is also a notorious health nut. Here's the kind of crazy drinks she makes for us. This one is red from the beet juice (yes, beet juice). Believe it or not, it's actually better than the hated carrot juice we used to drink growing up...



We also went to a neighborhood christmas party where our very elderly neighbor informed us that the stones on the house my parents moved into last year are from the streets of San Francisco. how cool is that?




Lastly, much to Terah's delight, we finally made our way to In-N-Out Burger. Here's Terah and my sister enjoying their first red meat of the week. Terah ordered his animal style, just like a true californian...

1 comment:

Alice said...

Haha... I remember my brothers always going to your house to play legend of Zelda.
What's funnier is my parents got my brother to go help them buy a Wii over the summer... "for exercise" they say. I can't believe my parents beat your parents in buying a gaming system! Hope you guys have a great time... we will be entering the land of fruit and honey soon! yum!